Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular both in and outside of the kitchen. This tropical treasure has remarkable therapeutic properties that have been enjoyed by people living in the South Pacific for a very long time.
Besides being a highly nutritious and delicious cooking oil, coconut oil contains properties that feed and moisturize the skin. The scientific community is finally catching up with what many have known for ages, coconut oil is truly good for you, both inside and outside.
It's one of the main ingredients in our #1 selling scrub, JOE. Along with many different ingredients with many different benefits we want to take the time to focus on one ingredient and all the benefits it can have.
1. Excellent Skin Moisturizer - This amazing oil can be used to moisturize dry skin or remove the excess oil from greasy skin.
2. Coconut oil is a fabulous natural makeup remover - The process of taking off makeup is sped up exponentially and effectively with the use of warm coconut oil. With this being in a coffee scrub you will get the added benefits of cleansing your pores.
3. Coconut oil is the ideal deep cleanser - Coconut oil is a gentle, yet thorough cleanser. It softens the keratin caps and makes exfoliation much easier. The light, spreading texture of coconut oil enables it to seep into the hair follicles and dissolve the hardened sebum, bringing it up to the skin surface.
4. Coconut oil acts as an antibacterial shield - The antibacterial properties of coconut oil protect the skin from potential pathogens. More importantly, it can reduce the risk of bacterial infections worsening acne.
5. Coconut oil tackles fungal infections - The antimicrobial action of coconut oil extends to fungal infections of the skin too. Although many fungal infections are minor and self-limiting, they can be a big problem on the face. Applying coconut oil to the face as part of general skin care or spot application in affected areas can take care of these infections.
6. Coconut oil offers protection from sunburn - Coconut oil offers some protection against solar radiation. With SPF 4, coconut oil may not keep you safe during a full day on the beach, but if you apply it on your skin before stepping out of the house, you can escape the effects of solar radiation during brief periods out in the sun.
7. Coconut oil can reduce facial wrinkles - It has been found that coconut oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the skin. The triglycerides in the oil attract protein molecules, ensuring timely repair of the collagen layer.
8. Coconut oil prevents premature aging - Premature aging of the skin is a result of oxidation stress due to UV rays, environmental pollution, and injuries caused to the skin by rough handling and use of harsh chemicals.Coconut oil can prevent premature aging in several ways. It is gentle on the skin as a moisturizer and exfoliates without abrading the skin.
9. Safe, effective and hypoallergenic… - Many people shy away from coconut oil on account of it being a tree-nut oil. Coconut oil indeed comes from the coconut trees, but coconut is a drupe, botanically speaking, not a nut. So there’s no reason why a person with peanut or tree-nut allergies should have a similar reaction to coconut oil. Besides, it is certain proteins in nuts that cause allergic reactions; and there are no proteins in coconut oil.