Do you consider yourself an adult and you still get pimples? Didn’t you think your skin would magically become smooth and perfect when you hit your twenties, or was that just me? While some of us have certainly improved our skincare routine as we've grown up, I’m realizing I may always be dealing with pimples to some degree. So rather than deny it, we’ve decided to come up with a system for treating pimples that gets rid of them as quickly as possible. Here’s how!
1. START WITH A CONSISTENT SKINCARE ROUTINE
Before you do anything, it’s important that you find a consistent skincare routine that works for you. One that doesn’t cause excessive breakouts or irritate your skin. Once you find that magic formula (that may not give you perfect skin, but at least keeps it balanced), then you’ve got a solid base to work off of.
2. LOOK OUT FOR A RED SPOT
I’ve noticed that before I got a pimple, a small red spot will begin to form on my skin. I think it’s important to look out for signs like this that tell you when a pimple is coming so you can start treating it right away. But the best care solution is prevention! (Read more below!!!)
3. APPLY JOE OR SHUGA SHUGA AT EVERY WASH
Even before the pimple shows up, apply one of our scrubs to the spot every morning and night as you wash. Apply it right after you wash your face so that the ingredients permeate directly into the skin. Let them set for a few minutes then lightly wash them away. This will let the ingredients be the last thing to hit your pores!
4. DON’T TOUCH IT
You’ve heard it before, but it can’t hurt to say it again. Don’t touch it! The oil & dirt from your fingers and the picking & prodding can cause irritation that will only make it worse.
- Only pop it when it’s ready. If it turns white, then it’s ready, but not all pimples turn white. So if it doesn’t, leave it alone!
- Keep it clean. If you do pop it, wash it and your hands before and after to keep the area as clean as possible. I also try to avoid applying makeup so I can let it breathe and heal.
- Applying ice to the area, after you’ve popped it, is a great way to bring down the swelling and close your pores.
- If you went a little overboard and the pimple has now turned into more of a cut, try applying straight up honey to the area. It’s anti-bacterial and hydrating properties help heal the wound and keep it clean!