When you regularly exfoliate your skin with an exfoliating scrub, it becomes healthier in appearance and function.
After dead skin has been exfoliated, your body’s largest organ works more efficiently to expel toxins and take in nourishment.
Skin has improved circulation, becomes more uniform in appearance, is softer to touch, has a radiant glow and can help reduce the signs of stretch marks, which is especially helpful when losing baby weight.
Using a exfoliating scrub rich in coffee, coconut oil and raw sugar has many health benefits to your skin such as:
- The caffeine found in coffee scrubs typically increases blood flow, and may reduce the appearance of cellulite and give your skin a more even tone
- Coconut oil is a great skin softener and helps you do away with dry and hard skin conditions
- Coconut oil can delay the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin which normally accompany aging and it keeps the skin’s connective tissues strong, which prevents sagging and wrinkles
- Coconut oil also helps in preventing premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its well-known antioxidant properties
- Sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar not only helps condition and moisturise skin, but protects it from harsh toxins
- If you’re breastfeeding make sure not to apply too closely to your breasts as baby may not like the smell
- When applying to your face be careful not to go too close to the delicate areas around your eyes
- If you’re breastfeeding or pregnant limit the time you let the scrub absorb for a max of 5 mins
- It can get slippery in the shower – so please be careful! Put the plug in (if you have a shower which can fit a plug) and let a few CM’s of water fill the bottom – the oil floats on top of the water, helping to reduce the slippery factor